READ TIME | 5 MINUTES
Comprehensive Blood Pressure Analysis with Welch Allyn ABPM
Bloomfield Internists (part of ProHealth Physicians)
Comprised of three physicians, one PA and one APRN, Bloomfield Internists is one of ProHealth’s 85 practice locations throughout Connecticut. Formed in 1997, ProHealth now includes more than 350 primary care and specialty providers and cares for more than 10% of Connecticut’s population.
Key Business Outcomes
Improved workflow efficiencies and enhanced patient diagnosis
Bloomfield Internists needed a solution for more comprehensive and accurate patient blood pressure analysis. The practice recognized the value of at-home blood pressure measurement, but didn’t want to force patients to purchase their own blood pressure devices in order to take multiple readings at home. Likewise, they didn’t want them having to make several visits to their local pharmacies, senior centers, etc., to record multiple readings.
That’s why the practice sought out an ambulatory blood pressure monitoring solution that would improve staff workflow and efficiency while providing a better patient experience. Furthermore, after implementing the Allscripts solution, EMR integration became a top priority.
The practice selected the Welch Allyn Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring System with CardioPerfect® WorkStation software (featuring AllScripts connectivity).
- Efficient for staff and patients while ensuring accuracy (no need for measurements outside the practice’s supervision)
- Enhanced detection of potential hypertension
- Comprehensive analysis with the ability to measure systolic, diastolic, mean blood pressure and heart rate over a 24-hour period
- Simple-to-use device that easily connects to the CardioPerfect WorkStation to upload data
- Easy-to-read report formats that can be tailored to the practice’s specific needs
- Lightweight, compact device designed for patient comfort
- Patients have the ability to adjust the cuffs with minimal impact in measurement
“Having the ABPM has helped the providers in diagnosing hypertension more quickly and easily. I would definitely recommend the Welch Allyn ABPM for its ease of use and the service Welch Allyn has always provided. We have always been happy with Welch Allyn products.”
Practice Manager, Bloomfield Internists